Monday, March 9, 2015

Endure

The fastest runner doesn't always win the race, and the strongest warrior doesn't always win the battle. The wise sometimes go hungry, and the skillful are not necessarily wealthy. And those who are educated don't always lead successful lives. It is all decided by chance, by being in the right place at the right time (Eccl 9:11).

It doesn’t have to be that I’m doing something wrong – I could be doing everything right. It’s just not time yet. Ever see people who are very intelligent or very talented, but they are struggling in life?  It may be because they gave up on their dream before their “right place” or “right time” came. I believe God has an appointed right place/right time for my purpose to be realized – I just need to listen to His direction and keep going until I meet up with that “right time…right place”. What other alternative do I have?....Give up and quit? I already know the answer for that alternative.

Timing is ALWAYS a factor. That’s why this verse is often enhanced by adding “….but to him that endureth to the end”. Don’t have the job yet?...Endure. Don’t have health yet?....Endure. Don’t have the victory yet?...Endure. Tired of enduring?.....Endure. And having done all to endure…..endure (Eph 6:13). I’ve found that the more you want to quit – the closer you’re getting to a change God wants to make IN you…or THROUGH you. Don’t give up. You may get knocked down, but you’re never knocked out. You may get pushed around, but your destiny can’t be pushed aside. You might slip and fall, but your spirit still stands tall. Get up. Get back up. Engage. God made you a Winner.

Lord, help me to endure - to keep going every day. Knowing that You are guiding me - every step of the way. Your prayer-poem for the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Everything I Do Turns Out Wrong"

Anytime life’s frustrations cause your mindset to be “Everything I do is wrong” or “Nothing I do turns out like I want it to”, there may be ...